sks-devel

[Sks-devel] Re: Trouble with install

From: User1001
Subject: [Sks-devel] Re: Trouble with install
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2007 06:14:50 -0500

Christopher Mootoo wrote:
> I'm having a bit of trouble getting SKS to install on a CentOS 5 box. I
> previously had PKS on here as a test but decided to go with SKS before
> putting it into production.
>
> The dependencies are already installed, Ocaml and BerkeleyDB are there.
> The problem arises when I get to the make install part of sks. I get the
> following error:
>
> address@hidden sks-1.0.10]# make install
> mkdir -p /usr/local/bin
> install sks_build.sh sks sks_add_mail /usr/local/bin
> install: cannot stat `sks': No such file or directory
> install: cannot stat `sks_add_mail': No such file or directory
> make: *** [install] Error 1

This looks like an incompatability problem with the Makefile, the make shell,
and/or the install command. First - check your system documentation on "install"
and verify the proper syntax versus what is being used in the Makefile. Second,
check that you have one and only one "install" script/executable on your system,
or if more than one - check that "install" gets set properly in the Makefile for
the proper system "install" command. Third if BASH is being used in any of the
scripts, then they may not be compatible with whatever script/environment that
you are using during the "make install" (eg; I have seen a number of Bash-based
install scripts that go haywire in environments that don't match the apparent
development environment; not just because of differences between bash and sh,
but other system/environment differences that make their way into such scripts,
such as incorrect "install" command syntax).