sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] How to compile sks on debian testing/unstable

From: Marco Nenciarini
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] How to compile sks on debian testing/unstable
Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 12:38:53 +0200

On Sat, Apr 22, 2006 at 02:43:31AM +0200, Marco Nenciarini wrote:

> The main problem i've found is that testing/unstable includes numericx
> 0.21. More precisely numerix api was changed from 0.19 to 0.21 (syntax
> of some operator was modified and a function was renamed).
>
> If you need to compile sks against numerix 0.21 you can use the patch
> i have prepared named 510_numerix021

After some test i can say that sks does not works with numerix
2.21a. With that version my sks take 100% of my cpu and fails to recon
in a rasonable time...

ATM i've no idea about what is the problem, but i'm working on it.

Is the BigNum implementation of SKS in a good shape? If yes, i think
it is time to remove numerix from sks...

> Another little problem is that libdb-4.1 was disappaired from
> etch/sid, so i've tried to replace it with libdb-4.2 and this seem to
> works gracefully (but requires a database drop & rebuild)

I've found that libdb-4.2 works very well, and no drop & rebuild is
required if this procedure is followed (requires both db4.1-utils and
db4.2-utils debian packages)

su debian-sks
for dbdir in /var/lib/sks/DB /var/lib/sks/PTree; do
    cd $dbdir
    db4.1_checkpoint -1
    db4.1_recover
    db4.2_recover -e
    db4.2_checkpoint -1
    db4.2_archive | xargs --no-run-if-empty rm -f
done

ATM all sks server i own run with libdb-4.2

Best Regards

|    Marco Nenciarini    | Debian/GNU Linux Developer - Plug Member |
| address@hidden | http://www.prato.linux.it/~mnencia       |
Key fingerprint = FED9 69C7 9E67 21F5 7D95  5270 6864 730D F095 E5E4