sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Interesting key merging bug with searching

From: David Shaw
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Interesting key merging bug with searching
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2005 23:30:34 -0500

Good point.  I see this on the PKS servers as well.  Here's an example
of two different keys with colliding short key IDs sharing user IDs:

http://keyserver.kjsl.com:11371/pks/lookup?op=vindex&fingerprint=on&search=0x1EFFBA41

Been a while since I looked at the pksd code, but I would certainly
believe it could do this.  It seems that this only happens if the key
parameters are in common: I can't find a case where, for example, a
DSA and RSA key were merged.

David