sks-devel

WG: [Sks-devel] Search only for complet mail address

From: Markus . Scheffknecht
Subject: WG: [Sks-devel] Search only for complet mail address
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 16:14:32 +0200

Hi

After rechecking your results I can see the improvements which are made by using the exact command

I did search with sks.dnsalias.net

http://sks.dnsalias.net:11371/pks/lookup?search=matthias.maier&exact=off&op=vindex

does return 7 entries

http://sks.dnsalias.net:11371/pks/lookup?search=matthias.maier&exact=on&op=vindex

does return 3 entries

2nd URL only return the results which have matthias.mayer in the Mail address and not all the ones which includes the two words matthias and mayer.

I think the “Too Many Responds“ message isn’t really an error its more a help which stops spammes to use SKS to get mailaddress. Otherwise it would be a good way to get reliable addresses because if someone tries enters his or her public key to a server it probably wont be a fake one. I think it world be better to use a smaller value as default.

I also got a new question. Using PKS with the command op=get and options=mx the server returned only the public key. It doesn’t works with SKS. Is there another way to use the interface (like op=rawget which is used by pgp public key server) or is the only change to get the whole return value an parse the key out of the html?

Thanks a lot for all the afford

Greetings

Markus