sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] unsynchronized (2005-01-11): pks.gpg.cz, sks.keyserver.p

From: Jason Harris
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] unsynchronized (2005-01-11): pks.gpg.cz, sks.keyserver.penguin.de, gnupg.jccc.net
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 12:22:57 -0500

On Wed, Jan 12, 2005 at 12:11:28PM +0100, Bjoern Buerger wrote:
> Am Di, 11 Jan 2005 schrieb Jason Harris:

> > Looking at http://pgp.srv.ualberta.ca/cgi-bin/sksnet , I see that
> > pks.gpg.cz and sks.keyserver.penguin.de aren't currently synchronized.
>
> fixed. The PTree Database had been corrupted (probably by an unclean
> shutdown of the sks process). I thought I had fixed this almost a week
> before, but just running db_recover obviously didn't do the job.

Dbenv.RECOVER is set for the ./KDB/ and ./PTree/ database environments,
so a regular recovery is always attempted by "sks db" and "sks recon."
There is likely some other race condition that caused your error.

Yaron, are these messages:

  Added # hash-updates. Caught up to ...

indicitave of the actual PTree nodes and the timestamp being updated in
the same transaction in the ptree db?  Also, what happens if the system
clock is stepped backwards while the SKS processes are running?

--
Jason Harris           |  NIC:  JH329, PGP:  This _is_ PGP-signed, isn't it?
address@hidden _|_ web:  http://keyserver.kjsl.com/~jharris/