sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] chrooting sks.

From: jack-sks-devel
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] chrooting sks.
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 09:25:56 -0800

On Wed, Jan 05, 2005 at 02:00:37PM +0100, Olaf Gellert wrote:

> > * I used chroot_safe[0] to start up a daemontools svscan inside the
> >   chroot. chroot_safe is a step up from chroot, in that it does setgid()
> >   and setgid().

> We are using chrootuid for this purpose, it would be
> very nice if SKS itself would have a feature to drop
> it's root privileges (because it needs root privileges
> if it should listen on port 80 (which in turn enables
> users behind restrict firewalls to contact the key
> server)).

I get around binding port 80 by using apache mod_proxy:

<VirtualHost ice.mudshark.org>
        ProxyPass / http://ice.mudshark.org:11371/
        ProxyPassReverse / http://ice.mudshark.org:11371/
</VirtualHost>

Cheers,

--Jack

--
Jack (John) Cummings                       http://mudshark.org/jack
PGP fingerprint: 0774 D073 E386 B70B 6B16  2D2B 1DD8 F8B0 CCF0 FAEE