sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] another bounds problem in SKS

From: Yaron Minsky
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] another bounds problem in SKS
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 23:02:33 -0400

Hmm.  I hadn't realized.  Are you sure that that's the problem with
this key?  Try grabbing the key from sks.dnsalias.net.  I thought that
my modifications would drop all packets with mpis that extend beyond
the packet boundary.  When I try to grab the key, GPG complains of an
overlarge mpi, not a premature packet end.  Here's the error I get:

pendor: yminsky $ gpg --keyserver sks.dnsalias.net --search-keys 0xA0ED982D
gpg: searching for "0xA0ED982D" from HKP server sks.dnsalias.net
Keys 1-3 of 3 for "0xA0ED982D"
(1)     Christian Brueffer <address@hidden>
          1024 bit DSA key A0ED982D, created 2002-10-14
(2)     Christian Brueffer <address@hidden>
          1024 bit DSA key A0ED982D, created 2002-10-14
(3)     Christian Brueffer <address@hidden>
          1024 bit DSA key A0ED982D, created 2002-10-14
Enter number(s), N)ext, or Q)uit > 1 2 3
gpg: mpi too large (22867 bits)
gpg: read_block: read error: invalid packet
gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.
gpg: Total number processed: 0
gpg: mpi too large (22867 bits)
gpg: read_block: read error: invalid packet
gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.
gpg: Total number processed: 0
gpg: mpi too large (22867 bits)
gpg: read_block: read error: invalid packet
gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.
gpg: Total number processed: 0

I'll check into this more tomorrow.  For the moment, I need to head off to bed.