sks-devel

[Sks-devel] Displaying user images on index page

From: Yaron M. Minsky
Subject: [Sks-devel] Displaying user images on index page
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 22:18:03 -0500

I've heard some requests for the ability to display the actual picture
associated with the user attribute packet.  Is the contents of the user
attribute packet standardized enough for this to make sense?  How does
it work?  Is it always just a JPEG file?

The real annoyance in implementing this feature is that there's no way
(at least, none I know of) to have the jpeg be part of the body of the
HTML file.  Instead, I need to have a link to a URL that is used for
fetching the image.  It's hardly impossible, but it does make it more of
a pain to implement.  I guess I mention this only in the hope that
there's something I'm missing, and there is an easy way of embedding a
jpeg into the body of an HTML page.

|--------/            Yaron M. Minsky              \--------|
|--------\ http://www.cs.cornell.edu/home/yminsky/ /--------|

Open PGP --- KeyID B1FFD916
Fingerprint: 5BF6 83E1 0CE3 1043 95D8 F8D5 9F12 B3A9 B1FF D916