sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] two SKS servers are ~2400 keys behind

From: Daniel Johnson
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] two SKS servers are ~2400 keys behind
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2004 21:15:51 -0600

<Looks like my own message never got to me...>

Thor only syncs with Discovery (dannyj.dynip.com).  I didn't actually
want Thor to become known and used outside my company and our
clients, to avoid loading it down too heavily.  The whole PGP project
received a lukewarm response, no sense in pushing my luck.

Ah, yes....I'd only checked to see if I had *recently* synced with
somebody, not how it was doing in the past.

I'm going to bet that sks doesn't like my DSL line periodically
croaking.  I've already got a script setup to check on the connection
every minute and fix certain daemons if the IP changes...Guess I'll
add sks to it.

Thanks for pointing this out.  I'll try to keep an eye on it for the
next week or so.

On 8 Jan 2004 at 12:40, Jason Harris wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 07:51:07AM -0600, Daniel Johnson wrote:
>
> > The logs look OK, so I'm inclined to agree with Yaron.
>
> Looking again, the daily histograms tell another story (one that
includes
> playing "catchup" between 00:00 and 03:00 today, TZ=CST7CDT):
>
>    Time       New Keys Updated Keys
>    2004-01-08 3131     1279
>    2004-01-07 0        0
>    2004-01-06 0        0
>    2004-01-05 0        0
>    2004-01-04 0        0
>    2004-01-03 4        2
>    2004-01-02 0        2
>    2004-01-01 0        0
>    2003-12-31 0        0
>    2003-12-30 0        0
>    2003-12-29 1        0
>
> Note that these are identical on dannyj.dynip.com and
thor.chguernsey.com.
> For comparison, keyserver-old.noreply.org reports:
>
>    Time       New Keys Updated Keys
>    2004-01-08 33       17
>    2004-01-07 477      273
>    2004-01-06 394      184
>    2004-01-05 384      305
>    2004-01-04 281      178
>    2004-01-03 279      286
>    2004-01-02 316      347
>    2004-01-01 1        0
>
> --
> Jason Harris          | NIC:  JH329, PGP:  This _is_ PGP-signed,
isn't it?
> address@hidden | web:  http://keyserver.kjsl.com/~jharris/

- --
Through the modem, off the server, over the T1, past the frame-relay,
< < NOTHIN' BUT NET > >

Daniel Johnson
address@hidden
http://dannyj.come.to/