sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Segfault in v1.0.4

From: Yaron M. Minsky
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Segfault in v1.0.4
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2003 21:47:58 -0500

Hmm.  This is quite strange.  The sks_db and sks_recon processes do NOT
need huge amounts of memory --- on the order of 10-30 each.  Right now
they're together taking 25 megs on my machine.

Are you talking about sks_db and sks_recon or build/fastbuild/pbuild?
If so, exactly which one fails, and why?  keyserver.bu.edu is a 128 meg
machine, and SKS works just dandy on it.

So, I guess the next step is to provide some more detailed info about
exactly which executable fails and where.  By the way, the way to get
more debugging info is not to set the debug flag (which is set by
default anyway) but to set the debuglevel to something high.  The
default is 3, 5-6 is pretty verbose, and 10 will give you a printout of
every message passed through the system.