sketch-devel

Re: Temporary tools

From: Bernhard Herzog
Subject: Re: Temporary tools
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 03:00:39 +0100

Valentin Ungureanu <address@hidden> writes:

>> http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?func=detailitem&item_id=4695
>
> Two small problems:
> 1. Starting Skencil, choosing File, New and then closing the editor
>    window gives an AttributeError.
>
> 2. Start Skencil and press some tool buttons; they remain depressed.

I've commited the patch now together with fixes for these two issues.
I've solved 2. a bit differently than per-editor-tools2.diff, though.
See the code.

>> > We could subscribe the tool buttons to the context.  This way each
>> > button can adjust its sensitivity and set itself as active or not
>> > when the context changes.  So even if the toolbox doesn't go away it
>> > would always reflect the tool of the current editor.
>>
>> That's basically the way it was already implemented even without the
>> new patch.  Whether a button is active or not is effectively a view
>> (in MFC sense) on the current tool.
>       ^^^ freudian slip? :)

Maybe. I never did any MFC programming, though.

> If there is no editor active then there is no model to have a view for,
> so maybe the toolbox should be insensitive when this is the case.

This is the case now in CVS.

> I also started a patch about two weeks ago.
> The most notable differences where that context.tool was a property (and
> assigning to context.tool called context.SetTool)

Well, Context is a classic class, and for those properties don'r work
properly.  __get__ is called, but not __set__ IIRC.

   Bernhard

--
Intevation GmbH                                 http://intevation.de/
Skencil                                           http://skencil.org/