sketch-devel

Re: multipage documents?

From: Werner . Scheinast
Subject: Re: multipage documents?
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2004 19:38:31 +0100

Bernhard Herzog wrote:

> if you want to have multipage documents you're probably better of with
> (La)TeX or some graphical DTP program where you embed EPS files
> generated with Skencil.  Since there seems to be some demand for support
> for multiple pages in Skencil -- at least it has been requested several
> times over the years -- we should probably at least consider it.

Skencil could be a nice presentation program, especially for the technical
field, because of its capabilities to import/embed LaTeX elements (with
some plugin) and EPS figures. Three features are missing for this purpose:

1) Multipage capabilities
2) A fullscreen mode
3) Antialiasing

All three are desirable but not necessary.

1) There exists the script "skshow".
2) A sophisticated "XF86Config" is a workaround.
3) Not necessary, but, well, it would be just much nicer:
 a) Antialiasing of native Skencil objects is, if I understood correctly,

    supported by LibArt (I didn't install Skencil 0.7 yet.).
 b) Aa. of EPS figures would mean as much as switching the internal PPM

    representation to PNG and employing the GS driver "pngalpha" instead
    of "ppmraw". (So it is achieved in "xv".)
    No idea how difficult this is...

Sorry for a mere wishlist e-mail
Werner

http://www.epost.de - das Kommunikationsportal der Deutschen Post