[bug #4685] Support for Dia .shape files

From: nobody
Subject: [bug #4685] Support for Dia .shape files
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2003 15:38:08 -0400

=================== BUG #4685: FULL BUG SNAPSHOT ===================

Submitted by: bernhard                Project: Sketch
Submitted on: Fri 08/08/03 at 21:38
Category:  None                       Severity:  4
Bug Group:  Feature Request           Resolution:  None
Assigned to:  None                    Status:  Open
Release:  None

Original Submission:  { Transfered from deprecated bug tracker:
[ 628804 ] Suport for Dia .shape files
Submitted By:
Alan Horkan (horkana)
Date Submitted:
2002-10-25 21:52}

is an open source GTK based vector graphics drawing
Dia is part of Gnome-office (Sketch is too).

It includes quite a few shapes.

Although Dia documents (.dia) are a custom XML
Dia Shape files (.shape) are mostly SVG with some extra
information about connection points.

It should be relatively easy for any program that
already supports SVG to add support for Dia.shape files.

I have also filed a bug against Dia in the
Bugzilla to keep track of requests for other programs
to support Dia.

Dont hesistate to ask questions, i would very much like
it for more programs to support Dia.

Dia is not an ideal tool for creating and drawing new
shapes and if i could create the shapes in Sketch and
then export them it would save me a whole lot of hand
editing XML files to get things just right.
It would also help Dia to concentrate on the problem of
Diagramming more than on the problem of Drawing and
creating shapes.