sipwitch-devel

[Sipwitch-devel] Antisipate and sipwitch progress update

From: David Sugar
Subject: [Sipwitch-devel] Antisipate and sipwitch progress update
Date: Sun, 08 Sep 2013 14:07:43 -0400

I have reached the point where Antisipate, our new secure VoIP client,
is able to successfully maintain registration with a sip service, as
well as handle the various registration failure cases. This is an
important breaking off point, as it enables us to develop functional
client services (calling, messaging, chat, media, screen sharing, etc)
on top of it now.

I will be using our GNU libzrtpcpp library to support end-to-end secure
media services. As we work in the free (as in freedom) world, we are
able to work from other similarly free software implementations,
including the excellent sfl phone, and the old code base from Twinkle,
as reference models for connecting rtp to audio for the media sessions.
I am also going to introduce otr for in-dialog sip chat messaging during
active call sessions. Given the questions currently around standardized
algorithms, I am also looking to see if we can make it easier for
individuals and organizations to plug-in alternative ones of their choosing.

Similarly, there has been a lot of progress in sipwitch. In particular,
I have started introducing the new eXosip2 4.x feature set, which
includes maintaining multiple protocol contexts. The work of integrating
contexts will be slow and happen over multiple releases before sipwitch
2.0 is ready, but at this point the sipwitch registration cycle is now
context aware. This much was completed for a new interim sipwitch
release, 1.8.0, this morning.

We do not cooperate with, nor receive funds or grants from any U.S.
government agency, any U.S. allied governments, or U.S. government
related institutions, as it seems so many of those who operate in the
commercial closed source proprietary world seem so eager to. To do so I
think, especially given present circumstances, would compromise our
ability to provide privacy enhancing secure communication solutions. We
believe privacy is a fundamental right and necessary for basic human
dignity, as outlined in the United Nation’s Universal Declaration of
Human Rights (UDHR) article 12, among other places and documents, that
the present U.S. government now so thoroughly repudiates for all mankind.