sipwitch-devel

Re: [Sipwitch-devel] Starting

From: Lluís Batlle i Rossell
Subject: Re: [Sipwitch-devel] Starting
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 22:43:43 +0100

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 03:42:54PM +0100, Steve Murphy wrote:
> I am running sipw as root I have not tried to make it run as an
> ordinary user yet.   Making this change I described cured the
> problem for me , so I think you are looking in the right area at
> least.
>
> I set /etc/siprealm  to the full hostname of the server ( also
> matching the server and authentication realms in the twinkle client
> setups) to get over this problem, so I don't know how something like
> "GNU Telephony" ( which is the commented out value in the default
> config file ) could ever work.

I finally found the annoying part of the code. I was setting a local hostname,
not a fqdn, and look at this important part where the sip domain it's gotten
from (registry.cpp:115):

const char *registry::getDomain(void)
{
    if(!strchr(reg.realm, '.'))
        return NULL;

    if(strchr(reg.realm, ' '))
        return NULL;

    return reg.realm;
}

'reg.realm' contains the realm set either in the configuration xml or in
/etc/siprealm.
Notice how it has to contain at least a dot, and no spaces.

This has been KEY to get the calls working.

gdb helps a lot. :)

Bye,
Lluís.