Re: [Simulavr-devel] How to Access UI Interface on Port 7777 from own ap

From: Thomas K
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] How to Access UI Interface on Port 7777 from own app?
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2017 17:00:23 +0100

Hi Wolfgang,

Unfortunately, simulavr 1.1 lacks of the -P simulavr-disp feature, and
ddd keeps crashing simulavr, even if I use the same command sequence
that work with command line avr-gdb.

This sounds for me not as a problem of simulavr, if the same commands in avr-gdb work and with ddd not. I'm not sure if ddd maybe assumes a Intel processor, not an AVR, this could end in a gdb command, sent to simulavr, which crash then simulavr, because it's not hardened against such "missuse".

My idea was to produce a replacement for simulavr-disp that hooks into
port 7777 like the tcl guis do and print all changes from either all or
selected registers there.

If I assume, that this idea is connected with your other question about AVR simulation time, then this will not really help you. But for this, see my answer to your other question.

cu, Thomas