Re: [Simulavr-devel] new release?

From: ThomasK
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] new release?
Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 17:03:21 +0200

Hi Joerg an Klaus,

automake-1.12: warnings are treated as errors
examples/anacomp/Makefile.am:38: warning: '%'-style pattern rules are a GNU
make extension
examples/atmega128_timer/Makefile.am:27: warning: '%'-style pattern rules are a
GNU make extension
examples/atmega48/Makefile.am:46: warning: '%'-style pattern rules are a GNU
make extension

This looks for me as a problem with the autotools versions. I assume (unchecked) that this comes from Klaus last change (2 lines added in configure.ac) and depend on the version mix of all used autotools. So it works for example on Klaus machine, but not on Joerg's.

But in the moment I have 2 problems: an arm in plaster an my distri is a little bit old (ubuntu 10.04). So I hope, that I can solve the last one in next days (I'll try it with ubuntu 12.04 and if I have enough time, with 13.04) and maybe find a solution.

But I have a little bit a problem with linking against libdl. This could (!) be a security hole and libdl isn't needed by simulavr code. So I have to find out more, if I can reproduce it here. (same situation too for libz!)

Maybe it's a solution to add linking libdl controlled by a configure option to give a simple possibility if it is needed and not to link it against this (for simulavr useless) libs in every case.

cu, Thomas