[Simulavr-devel] UART

From: Keith Gudger
Subject: [Simulavr-devel] UART
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 14:26:39 -0800 (PST)

Ted:

How is checking out the spi / adc going?  The reason I ask is that I'm
close to having the UART code ready.  I'm hoping you want it...

I have some questions about simulavr behavior with my uart code that I'm
hoping your experience can help me find the answers.

First, it appears that when starting up, simulavr executes the "read"
routine passed to vdev_construct.  I haven't noticed this before, but
maybe it's just the way my code works this time.  Is this possible?  (It's
showing up a message from that function even before I get the "Waiting on
port 1212 ... message.)

Second, the interrupt call-back gets installed as an
avr_core_async_cb_add, the same as all the other files I've worked on.
However, I notice that the call-back routine gets called *a lot*.  Even
when it looks like nothings happening.  Is this normal?  Should I be
worried?

Thanks.
Keith