Re: [Simulavr-devel] two things

From: John Regehr
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] two things
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 11:17:16 -0700 (MST)

> make your change more efficient. Both changes may make the peripheral
> specific logic simpler since it just needs to figure out if the intr should
> be added to the pending list (although, I think that's all that it should
> be doing now any ways).

Ok, I have looked into avrcore.c a bit and I think the interrupt handling
there is incorrect because it permits interrupts to fire whenever the
global enable bit is set, ignoring the individual interrupt enable bits.

Also, the AVR interrupt controller has a notion of priority among pending
interrupts: it always fires the lowest numbered pending interrupt.  For
example see pages 13-14 in the ATmega128(L) manual.  It doesn't look like
this is supported by the interrupt logic in avrcore.c.

John Regehr