[Simulavr-devel] USB & ADC

From: Keith Gudger
Subject: [Simulavr-devel] USB & ADC
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 09:55:22 -0800 (PST)

Ted:

I forgot to mention that I've implemented a USB module as well.  It works
very nicely for my purposes.  Do you want it?  I understand if you don't
want to bother with it.

Now the ADC part of the question.  The USB parts that have an
ADC have the registers in slightly different places than the other AVR
parts.  This means I need to pass a different BASE address when
configuring the ADC based on whether the parts are USB parts or not.

My idea on how to implement this in devsupp.c was something like this:

    if (dev->mask.adcsr)
    {
        vdev = (VDevice *)adc_intr_new(dev->mask.uier);
... etc.

The only problem with this is that the adc patch requires the .uier
element to be added to the struct _DevSuppDefn.  Of course, its use
requires the #include usb.h" also.

Maybe it would be better if I chose another way to do this?  Thoughts?
Thanks.

Keith