[Simulavr-devel] [support #102503] Mega8 Simulation or config problem?

From: nobody
Subject: [Simulavr-devel] [support #102503] Mega8 Simulation or config problem?
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2003 23:48:14 -0500

Support Request #102503, was updated on Tue 10/07/2003 at 14:18
You can respond by visiting:
http://savannah.nongnu.org/support/?func=detailsupport&support_id=102503&group_id=997

Category: None

By: troth
Date: Sun 11/02/2003 at 20:48
Logged In: YES
user_id=4216
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer; Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0;
Windows NT 5.1)

Two things come to mind.

First, you are trying access io registers that simulavr does

not yet simulate (which is most of them at this point). You

need to look at the address and see if it is an io register

that isn't handled yet. In that case, your program probably

won't run right in the simulator.

Second possibility is that you are trying to access memory

beyond the internal sram. This happened a lot with pre-6.0

versions of gdb since it had some flaws in keeping track of

the stack pointer. Should be fixed in gdb-6.0.

By: khouser