Re: [Simulavr-devel] Unable do build SimulAVR

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] Unable do build SimulAVR
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 15:06:31 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 6 Oct 2003, Marko Panger wrote:

> Theodore A. Roth wrote:
> >
> > I don't see where the build failed. Are you sure you captured all the
> > output?
> >
> > Did you use 'make > out' or 'make >out 2>&1' to capture the output?
> > The first will not capture everything.
> >
> > Which system are you building on?
> >
> > Ted Roth
> >

> I use Mandrake9.1 and I have simply used make >mail.
> Now I am attaching the "out" file with make invoked as you soggested.

Ok, that looks better. ;-)

Looks like a lex/yacc problem.

First off, what does configure give for these (from my system):

checking for flex... flex
checking for yywrap in -lfl... yes
checking lex output file root... lex.yy
checking whether yytext is a pointer... yes
checking for bison... bison -y

On my system, the generated config_scanner.c file has this line:

  #define yytext config_text

which I suspect is missing from your build based on the link error you
are getting.

What does M-9.1 use for the yacc program? The debian system I'm on
right now uses bison-1.75. I'm pretty sure that my RH-9 system uses
bison also.

What about lex? I'm using flex-2.5.4.

I may need to see the generated config_scanner.[ch] and
config_parser.c files.

Ted Roth