self-platform-dev

Re: [Self-platform-dev] HTML Export discussion...

From: Dinesh Joshi
Subject: Re: [Self-platform-dev] HTML Export discussion...
Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 00:12:23 +0530

On 5/2/08, Federico Heinz <address@hidden> wrote:
> And so we finally come full circle. Of course HTML and "WYSIWYG" editors
> are  bad news!

I personally felt that this should've been considered as a feature in
the very first release of the SELF platform. WYSIWYG has always been
bad news.

>  We should go with some simple markup (mediawiki is OK, reST is probably
> even better, if less known, but any simple markup will do) and do away with
> the WYSIWYG sillyness. Ideally, in future versions, users will just upload
> changes from their favourite editor, instead of through the browser
> (something like the "external editor" feature in Plone).

I'll research both mediawiki and reST. I've come across reST several
times but I'm a little more inclined towards mediawiki. In any case,
lets see what is more feasible. I'll have a one on one discussion
about this with Nagarjuna and will keep this thread updated.