self-platform-dev

[Self-platform-dev] Exporting courses

From: matiasb
Subject: [Self-platform-dev] Exporting courses
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 13:28:19 -0300 (ART)

Hi folks,

I have been testing the export feature, from trunk. I added the test
function of the htmlExport module as an External method (with id
testhtmlexport) to have the htmlExport script work. In that way I get the
zip file in the /tmp dir of my instance system.

But I have some problems and some notes about the exporting.

There is a strip html function (in getHTMLContent) that clean html tags,
even img tags, before doing the copyimages? Then the images are not found,
is it possible? I omitted this function to follow testing. Maybe it is
necessary to change the order of functions.

Then I also got wrong paths when calculating the path to images in the
instance resources, as well as in the rewritten src (I got missing / or
broken paths).

Finally, I don't know why/how the generated zip file is supposed to be in
<portal_url>/export/<zip>, and I could not get the file through the
browser (but it was in the tmp dir, with the text content exported and the
resulting files zipped).

Regards,
Matías.