sed-devel

Re: bug#24256: new module for grep's DFA matcher

From: Assaf Gordon
Subject: Re: bug#24256: new module for grep's DFA matcher
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2016 17:00:18 -0400

Hello Jim and all,

> On Sep 10, 2016, at 14:44, Jim Meyering <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Finally, here is a similar change, but now for gnu sed. For it, I also
> had to make some small code changes to adapt to the new
> localeinfo.[ch] and to the dfasyntax API change. I'll wait a day or so
> before pushing this, just in case:
> <sed-use-gnulib-dfa-module.diff>

for sed,
It seems that pulling the latest gnulib (the first out of the two commits in
the attached diff) causes the following link error (at least on mac os x):

  [...]
  make[2]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
  Making all in .
    CCLD     sed/sed
    "_strverscmp", referenced from:
        _compile_program in sed_sed-compile.o
  clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see
invocation)
  make[2]: *** [sed/sed] Error 1
  make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

regards,