Re: Cursor problems with some applications in linux console

From: Nicholas Marriott
Subject: Re: Cursor problems with some applications in linux console
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2018 10:15:53 +0100

Hi

You probably want to create your own modified terminfo entry. Most
applications use terminfo now, although I'm not particularly familiar
with the ones you mention.

You can use "infocmp -x >file" to save the existing entry to file.

Modify it to change the capabilities you want (cnorm or so on) and
rename it (for example change "linux" to "mylinux" or whatever).

Recompile and install locally to ~/.terminfo with "tic -x file".

Then you can set "TERM=mylinux" and applications that use terminfo will
use your modified entry.

Take a look at infocmp(1), tic(1), terminfo(5).

The cursor entries are cnorm, civis and cvvis (rarely used).