Re: GNU Screen v.4.6.0

From: Amadeusz Sławiński
Subject: Re: GNU Screen v.4.6.0
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2017 22:05:53 +0200

On Fri, 30 Jun 2017 06:35:37 -0400
Andrew Schulman <address@hidden> wrote:

> > >   * Migrate from fifos to sockets
> >
> > In Cygwin I get a socket error when I try to start screen 4.6.0:
> >
> > $ screen -AURD
> > shadow socket open: No such device or address
> >
> > Any ideas? I looked in the configure script for an option to force
> > use of fifos instead of sockets, but I didn't see one.
>
> I should clarify: In Cygwin screen has always used sockets. It works
> fine up to version 4.5.1.

Hey,

can you check with
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/screen.git/log/?h=screen-v4
there is one fix for problems with not owning tty, it may have helped,
anyway I don't have access to cygwin so without some investigation on
your side I can't help much :(

If the above doesn't work, there is not many changes between 4.5.1 and
4.6.0, so bisect would help.
Also if you could provide strace?

Amadeusz