Re: Help Using Screen With Progress

From: Micha
Subject: Re: Help Using Screen With Progress
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 21:57:41 +0200

Hi There Again

Not sure if this list is still working but i have been playing around a bit and found part of the problem.

Progress has it's own termcap definitions in a file called protermcap. The following is defined for vt220:
	:GS=^N:\
:GE=^O:\
:G1=k:\
:G2=l:\
:G3=m:\
:G4=j:\
:GH=q:\
:GV=x:\

When starting screen with "screen -T vt220" and then running mpro I get strange fonts appearing in the telnet terminal emulator(this does not have support for UTF-8) as well as in putty(if this is set to ISO 8895-1) but with putty when the translation is set to UTF-8 the lines are drawn correctly.

When I modify the protermcap and change GS and GE to be: ":GS=:\" and ":GE=:\" the lines for the boxes are printed using the defined characters for G1 through GV as above(the characters only, no line drawing)

What I need is what would i need to define for the GS and GE characters for screen to correctly begin Graphical Line Drawing for ISO 8895-1 and what octal or characters are required for G1 to GV?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards