Re: config to get screen to never touch the hardware status line in xter

From: Alex Tang
Subject: Re: config to get screen to never touch the hardware status line in xterm
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2008 08:42:38 -0700

Hi again folks.

Thanks for the info. I primarily use RHEL and CentOS based systems, so poking around teh /etc/screenrc shows that they added the hardstatus stuff specifically.
I am able to get what i want by putting

 termcapinfo xterm hs@

in my .screenrc and it works like a charm. Thanks very much!
...alex...

Micah Cowan <address@hidden> writes:

/ Alex Tang wrote:/
/>> Hi folks./
/>> I've been reading on google and in the archives about how folks do cool/
/>> things with the hardstatus and "hardware status" line in xterms.  I'm/
/>> trying to do exactly the opposite...I want screen (when used in a/
/>> terminal program that announces itself as "xterm" e.g. real xterm or/
/>> putty) to never touch the hardware status line (title bar) of the window./

/> AIUI, Screen will only ever touch the xterm title bar if it has been/
/> told it's the "hardstatus line" via "termcapinfo" lines that define the/
/> fs and ts features./

When I've had the misfortune to use CentOS-based hosts, I noticed they
fucked with the xterm window title by default.  This probably means that
either RHEL or the guy who built our SOE put stupid nonstandard things
in /etc/screenrc (or /etc/X11/Xresources/xterm).