Re: Screen windows numbered from 0

From: Benjamin Andresen
Subject: Re: Screen windows numbered from 0
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 19:57:41 +0100

Hey Shreevatsa,

Shreevatsa R <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I find it inconvenient that windows are numbered 0 1 2..., while the
> keys on my keyboard are placed as 1 2 3... 9.
>
> * Is there a way to make screen's windows start with 1?

bind c screen 1
bind ^C screen 1
bind 0 select 10
screen 1 zsh

That works for me, but now you have a problem: You can't start any
application with 'screen app' any longer (atleast not how it usually
works), because the .screenrc starts zsh.

Works for me, but I'm constantly inside screen... And for daemons I
use -c on an empty file. ;-)

br,
benny