Re: Terminal emulators with fullscreen support

From: Gilles Roy
Subject: Re: Terminal emulators with fullscreen support
Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 08:31:04 -0400

On Tue, May 08, 2007 at 08:15:31AM +0100, Stephane Chazelas wrote:
On Tue, May 08, 2007 at 08:47:17AM +0200, Nikolai Weibull wrote:
On 5/8/07, Gilles Roy <address@hidden> wrote:

>How do I get rid of that status bar if I run xterm in Gnome?

By reading the f*ing manual:

% man xterm

+tb is the option you want.
[...]

I beleive Gilles was talking about the decorations (border,
title bar) that the window manager puts around xterm's window.

Probably there is a GNOME specific prototol that gnome-terminal
uses to tell the gnome window manager to remove those
decorations. As xterm is not a gnome application, it probably
doesn't have this option.

Yes, you are right. It would be a GNOME specific thing, sorry to have bothered everybody.

Thanks,
Gilles