Re: Always give bell msg

From: Michael Schroeder
Subject: Re: Always give bell msg
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 23:14:36 +0200

On Wed, Aug 23, 2006 at 04:12:09PM +0200, Maurice van der Pot wrote:
> Last year I sent this message to the list, but to date I have not had
> any replies. Should I conclude that this patch does not have a chance of
> making it into screen or did it just slip through the cracks?

Well, it's just not decided yet. There wasn't much demand for this
feature and I'm not really in favour of bloating screen with to many
features and commands. I'd prefer an option for the 'bell/bell_msg'
instead of an extra command.

One other thing I'm considering is if it would make sense to extend
the bell/activity/silence message handling by allowing any screen
command, instead of just showing a message.

Cheers,
  Michael.

--
Michael Schroeder           address@hidden