Sending command to a detached screen

From: Kamal_K_Sharma
Subject: Sending command to a detached screen
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 07:30:04 -0000

Hi

We are using screen version "Screen version 4.00.02 (FAU) 5-Dec-03" and wants to issue a command to a detached screen. If my screen name is kamal, and I try the following command, it does not work

screen -S kamal -X 'exec exit'

exit is the command which I want to issue to kamal screen.

Can anyone give some clue.

Thanks and Regards

Kamal K Sharma
FI-IT O&S, Hub India
information.  If you are not the addressee or authorized to
receive this for the addressee, you must not use, copy,
disclose or take any action based on this message or any
information herein.  If you have received this message in
error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail
and delete this message.  Thank you for your cooperation.