Re: Passing Environment Variables In A Config File

From: Michael Parson
Subject: Re: Passing Environment Variables In A Config File
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 16:22:33 -0500

On Fri, Aug 18, 2006 at 04:15:41PM -0500, Tom Purl wrote:
> I looked around for a while to find a solution to this and could
> not. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.
>
> I use screen on Linux to access a large number of Unix servers.  Some
> of the terminal applications that I use on these Unix servers don't
> recognize a TERM value of 'screen', so I usually have to set that
> environment variable to 'vt100' after logging in.
>
> I was wondering if it was possible to set this environment variable
> from my .screenrc file so I can eliminate one more thing that I have
> to type every time that I log into a server.

<snip>

> Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

This was just covered a few days ago, start screen with the right set of
flags, I have it aliased to start as "screen -T vt220" and now all my
sessions are set to vt220.  I use vt220 instead of vt100 so stuff that
colorizes the output works properly.

I also remove the default /etc/screenrc file that RedHat/Fedora
installs.

--
Michael Parson
address@hidden