Re: Splitting screen horizontally.

From: Michael Garriss
Subject: Re: Splitting screen horizontally.
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 14:27:19 -0600

On 5/31/06, Aaron Griffin <address@hidden> wrote:
On 5/26/06, Dave Waxman <address@hidden> wrote:
> On May 26 13:36, Jonathan Daugherty wrote:
> > I really like using the split function to create vertically-split
> > regions.  Is there a way to split screen horizontally, too?
>
> Searching the archives of this list will show this question discussed
> numerous times.  You'll find links to a patch that does allow this as
> well.

I'd like to point out two things... the current split is a horizontal
split.  The windows are laid out vertically, but the single window is
split horizontally.  So, you want a vertical split patch (this will
help the search).
Secondly, the last vertical split patch I tried, which I tried
strenuously in order to test, I was able to crash screen 3 different
times in under 5 minutes...

it's also *really* slow at outputting more then a few pages of text.
i've moved to ratpoison for vertical splitting.