screen-devel

[screen-devel] issue in screen window messed up when switching between t

From: muralidhara mk
Subject: [screen-devel] issue in screen window messed up when switching between terminals
Date: Thu, 9 May 2019 18:47:50 +0530

Hi,

This is Muralidhara from Bangalore. I have a bug in my screen executable:

Platfrom:
-------------------
OS :  Linux
SHELL : tcsh
screen version:  Screen version 4.01.00devel (GNU) 2-May-06

BUG which I observed:
Let's say I am using 4 terminals in my screen session,
when switching between windows or terminals in screen and running commands, the scrollback for each window is messed up. Instead of only being the scrollback for the current window, it combines all the scrollback. So if I go from vim to another window and scroll up, I'll see my vim window or another terminal data of screen window when scrollback.
The above I am observing when I scrollback or scrollup the screen terminal using mouse .

Could you please provide the appropriate .screenrc commands to resolve this issue.

Thanks,
Murali