screen-devel

Re: [screen-devel] GSoC 2015 and GNU Screen

From: Artur Skonecki
Subject: Re: [screen-devel] GSoC 2015 and GNU Screen
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2014 13:49:38 +0200

Hi Amadeusz,
I always fanced scripting for GNU Screen. In GSoC 2009 there was work done on scripting for GNU Screen which included Python and Lua. However it didn't got upstream.
https://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/project/details/google/gsoc2009/firemeteor/5668600916475904
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/screen.git/log/?h=scripting

Improving GNU Screen scripting was later mentioned as an GSoC idea at GNU:
http://www.gnu.org/software/soc-projects/ideas-2010.html

Improving GNU Screen scripting is the problem I would preferably work on. I would like to make more capabilities available through scripting and stabilize it so it could be merged upstream.
I am also open to other ideas.

Sorry for the delayed response. My mailing list subscription settings were invalid and I missed your email.
It would be great if you could be the mentor.

Artur

On Tue, 24 Jul 2014 12:02:19 +0200