screen-devel

Re: [screen-devel] compounding trailing whitespace when using utf8 in ha

From: Dustin Kirkland
Subject: Re: [screen-devel] compounding trailing whitespace when using utf8 in hardstatus/caption
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 16:22:20 -0600

Sadrul Habib Chowdhury <address@hidden> wrote:
> I would make some change screen.c:pad_expand, for example:

Actually, upon further consideration and testing, the changes to
screen.c and externalizing of the function are unnecessary.  I think
all of the multibyte counting can be fixed in display.c alone...

> This fixes the amount of padding for me. However, it's still buggy,
> because I lose the last two digits (the minute part) of the last %c.
> Perhaps you guys would be willing to take a look at that? :-) If not,
> I hope I will get to it ... apologies for the delay in reviewing the
> patch and general lack of activity, but new job/location etc. eat up a
> lot of time :-( .. Things should improve in a couple of weeks, I
> think, though!

Aha!  I think I found and solved the remaining issues.

Okay, how about the attached patch?  This is working for my previous
test case described at the top of this thread, as well as all of the
other tests I could throw at it.  Does it work for you too?  What do
you think?

Cheers,
--
:-Dustin