screen-devel

[screen-devel] patch to change autoaka behavior

From: Erik Osheim
Subject: [screen-devel] patch to change autoaka behavior
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 09:24:39 -0500

For the last several years I've been using a patched version of screen.
Currently, the default screen's autoaka feature renames a window to the
first word whenever a command is run. For instance, "vim FOO" renames
the window to "vim".

My coworkers and I don't find this particularly useful, since often one
is running the same command in different windows with different
arguments. My patch makes the entire command the title.

I would be open to a config toggle, if some people prefer the old
behavior (so far I haven't met anyone of this persuasion). Also, I
could imagine a "max length" setting, although I haven't needed one. I
don't actually know how to write code to use the config file, but if
someone gave me a small sample I could definitely add that to the patch
if necessary.

Anyway, here's the patch. Does it seem like something that could make
it into git?

-- Erik