screen-devel

[screen-devel] MacOS 10.5 and utmp

From: Christian Ebert
Subject: [screen-devel] MacOS 10.5 and utmp
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 14:45:54 +0100

Hi,

When compiling screen for MacOS 10.5 (Leopard) it tries to use
utmp.h and to write to /var/run/utmp.h (which doesn't exist).

>From /usr/include/utmp.h:

/*
 * This header file is DEPRECATED and only provided for compatibility
 * with previous releases of Mac OS X.  Use of these structures, especially
 * in 64-bit computing, may corrupt the utmp, wtmp and lastlog files.
 *
 * Use the utmpx APIs instead.
 */

Any chance of screen using umtpx in the near future? I saw that
utmpx is supported for some other platforms, but my first
layman attempts to make this work for MacOS 10.5 didn't work.

\black\trash movie    _C O W B O Y_  _C A N O E_  _C O M A_
Ein deutscher Western/A German Western
-->> http://www.blacktrash.org/underdogma/ccc.html
-->> http://www.blacktrash.org/underdogma/ccc-en.html