Re: How to export Script Example WireStent

From: Jan Owoc
Subject: Re: How to export Script Example WireStent
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2023 09:32:59 -0600

Hi,

This is the mailing list for Savannah, the hosting site. There are
hundreds of projects hosted here, and most users on this mailing list
don't know much about any specific project hosted on the site. (I've
never heard of the project until reading your email.)

On Sat, Oct 7, 2023 at 7:09 AM xiong via Discussion of
savannah-announce and any user-oriented topic <savannah-users@gnu.org>
wrote:

> i am sorry to interrupt you that some simple question(for me,of course,
> diffculty),my confussion is:In Pyformex( V3.0.1)/Script/WireStent, i can't
> export it correctly(including .neu/ .obj/ .off/.ply),as a result,Solid
> works(2018) can‘t open it. Also Abaqus(2022) can't open .inp fommat file.
>    Whether the reason that Abaqus can't open .inp fommat file is low Abaqus’s
> Python Version(V 2.7)?Or Wrong Procedure of Install Pyformex ? How to
> proceed? Could you give me some advice?

The .inp format for Abaqus is text-based, so you should be able to
look at the file to see if it looks correct (has sections defining
nodes, elements, solids). The version of Python used by Abaqus
shouldn't matter - can your install of Abaqus open other .inp files?
I'm not familiar with file types used by Solidworks.

If you still have issues, the Pyformex project homepage has a Support
sub-page. It doesn't look like the project has a mailing list, so your
support options are to open a bug report in either their Support
tracker or their Bug tracker. Doing either will require you to first
create and then log into a Savannah account.
https://www.nongnu.org/pyformex/support.html

While we can't help you with Pyformex, feel free to write back if you
are having issues creating/activating/logging into a Savannah account.

Kind regards,
Jan