Re: Help with updating Savannah web page

From: Michael Eager
Subject: Re: Help with updating Savannah web page
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2023 15:49:45 -0700

Thanks, Karl.  See below.

On 4/24/23 15:12, Karl Berry wrote:
Hi Michael - some quick answers. Maybe others know better.

     Is there documentation how to configure or update the page?

https://savannah.gnu.org/cvs/?group=ddd

In short, do a cvs checkout (as project member) of the "webpages
repository". The exact invocation will be shown on that page.

That is the DDD project web page, not the Savannah web page.
I've been updating these web pages.

A bit more info:
https://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/HomePage/

     How do I update the Latest News area?

https://savannah.gnu.org/news/?group=ddd
"Submit" to submit news, then, as manager of the group,
you can "Manage" (approve) the submitted items.

There does not appear to be any way to delete news items.

     How do I search for a bug using the bug tracker?

https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?group=ddd&func=search

There may be other ways.

     Why are some "fixed" bugs listed and others are not?

I'm guessing you're talking about
https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?63928

As shown there, Open/Closed is a separate field from Status. The default
is to show all open bugs regardless of Status. I believe.

Thanks, I didn't notice the separate option. (Not that it would be clear to me what changing the open/closed setting would do.)

     Are there instructions on how to manage bug reports?

https://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/WebUIOverview
has a brief description. Different projects like to do it differently.

Thanks. I looked for this kind of info on the Savannah main page, but there does not appear to be a link.

     Possibly unrelated:  how do I request a @gnu.org email alias?

Email sysadmin@gnu.org. Good guess that Savannah volunteers cannot
modify gnu.org email setup :).

Again, thanks.