Re: [Savannah-users] IP Address Changes

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [Savannah-users] IP Address Changes
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2019 23:13:40 -0700

Bob Proulx wrote:
> Tomorrow morning US-time (Thurday) and onward through the day will be
> the main part of the IP migration for the Savannah systems.  This will
> cause at least some disruption of Savannah services.  There are
> several systems with dependencies among them.  They need to be
> migrated together.

Today was a tumultuous day!  Lots of progress made.  Much of the task
list was worked through.  Two big snags that each broke things for a
while.  Mostly on 'download' but it backlogged the database server and
affected vcs and the web frontend too.  But we pushed through them and
made good forward progress.

Tomorrow, Friday, will be the day for vcs services git, svn, bzr, hg,
cvs and all of the vcs related services.  Folllowed immediately by the
backend network file storage.  To be honest the vcs side is the very
high profile side that makes me nervous.  I will be happy when it is done.

That followed by the web UI frontend.  It needs an IPv6 address and
configured to use it and other modifications.

Followed by whatever was forgotten up to that point! :-)

Bob