Re: [Savannah-users] Savannah with Lsh

From: Assaf Gordon
Subject: Re: [Savannah-users] Savannah with Lsh
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2015 17:51:35 -0400

Hello Daniel and Karl,

A quick follow-up, as I was also looking into that:

> On Jul 18, 2015, at 17:36, Karl Berry <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>    I tried clone repository with CVS and LSH but there're error.
>
> No idea about lsh, sadly.

To help us troubleshoot, can you please first try with OpenSSH and the private
keys you have uploaded to savannah?

Please try the following:

   $ ssh address@hidden ls
   Sorry, you are not allowed to execute that command.

If you see the same message ("you are not allowed") - this is good: it means
connecting with SSH works.
If you get:

   $ ssh address@hidden
   Permission denied (publickey).

Then the public ssh keys you've uploaded do not much the private key you are
using.

>    Obs.: How get Git repository for my new project?
>
> Go to Main -> Administer -> Select features and check the "Git" box.
> (There may be some <1hr delay before the repository is created, I don't
> remember for sure.)

I believe this project is a GUG (GNU User Group), not a 'regular' source-code
project.
As such, I do not think it has a source-code repository that can use git.
It can only have a website (published through http://www.nongnu.org/guga/ or
http://guga.nongnu.org) - and those pages can only be updated through CVS.
There is no GIT mechanism for savannah websites yet (it's being worked on, but
very slowly).

regards,
  -assaf