Re: [Savannah-users] www-fr: Use the post-receive Git hook to send notif

From: Bob Proulx
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2014 16:13:59 -0700

Hello Thérèse,

Thérèse Godefroy wrote:
> The www-fr project uses Git as a VCS. We would like to send automatic
> notifications to our mailing list after pushing commits which contain a
> specific comment. The post-receive hook may be able to do that. How
> should we proceed? Can Denis Barbier (our coordinator) do the required
> changes himself?

Some projects want commit notifications and some do not.  Currently it
is set up custom for any project that requests it.  The normal thing
to do would be to submit a request either through an email to
address@hidden or to submit a "Support" ticket to the
Savannah administration project.

  https://savannah.gnu.org/projects/administration

Either way is fine.  The ticket is a more rigorous way of doing things
because it isn't closed until done and therefore won't be lost or
forgotten.  But the email is easier.  Personally I prefer the email
because it just works better.  Easier to discuss the details since it
is all just email.

But that is for future information.  We are already discussing it now.
It is likely that I will be the one doing the setup for you.  So I
might as well start the discussion and setup for you. :-)

The information needed is:

  Project name: www-fr
  Notification email address?  Where will commit notifications go?

If I know where to set those two addresses to then I can set up commit
notifications for you.

The Savannah admin side of things is documented here:

  http://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/Git/

Bob