Re: [Savannah-users] Creating multiple git repositories

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [Savannah-users] Creating multiple git repositories
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 11:04:34 -0600

Navaneeth.K.N wrote:
> I'm wondering how can I create multiple git repositories for my
> project. There are many small components which are kept in it's own
> repositories. But, in nongnu.org, I don't see any option to do this.
> For eg: http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/freetype/ has multiple
> repositories. How can I accomplish the same for my project?

This is currently done by request.  Please place a "Support" request
(Support, not Task) in the Savannah tracker against the administration
project.

  https://savannah.gnu.org/support/?func=additem&group=administration

Please say a few words to explain why you need an additional
repository instead of just using a branch or setting up a new project
for the new thing.

There isn't a web control because this isn't a typical need.  If the
project is large enough to require its own revision control repository
then the expected thing is that it would be registered as its own
standalone project.  And if it isn't large enough for its own project
page then it would normally be part of some other project.  But we
know that there isn't one size that will fit everyone.  We have done
this for projects that wanted it.  But since it is atypical it needs a
few words to say why.

Bob