[Savannah-users] exosip unsubscribe

From: Guillaume Carmel-Archambault
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 14:58:12 -0400

Hi,

I'm adding presence support in SFLphone and got a question about unsubscribtion requests using sip/exosip 3.0.3 and Asterisk 1.6.

Everything is fine for subscription to presence, but to keep the number of SIP messages as low as possible I want to be able to unsubscribe the contacts when they are not watched anymore or when a SIP account closes.

I tried using eXosip_subscribe_build_initial_request with an expire value of 0 and it works, but then the API crashes when trying to remove the subscription. I also taught about using eXosip_subscribe_remove with the identifier of the subscription, but this doesn't work either.

I also saw that when registering a SIP account it seems to clear all existing subscription requests, but this would have been preferable on unregistering and also can't be applied for a single unsubscription.

So my question is, is there a way to cleanly send an unsubscribe request for an individual contact and can all subscriptions for a SIP account be closed on unregister.

Thanks
Guillaume Carmel-Archambault