Re: [Savannah-users] Newbie cvs error please gimme a hand

From: Donn
Subject: Re: [Savannah-users] Newbie cvs error please gimme a hand
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 18:08:56 +0200

> You shouldn't put a tar-file as such into the CVS, only the source
> files.
Oh. I am new to this, please bear with me. My project is a python script the
tar file is the installation file. Inside it is the source code - which is
also the program. It contains both, one one.
Where do I put the tar file on Savannah? I would like to make it available for
people to download so they can untar and install it.

> > $ cvs -z3 -d:ext:address@hidden:/sources/fontypython co
> > fontypython
> > Connection closed by 199.232.41.69
> > cvs [checkout aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages
> > if any)
> Looks okay.
Why? It says "Connection closed" and "checkout aborted". Those don't sound
okay. I am not even sure what the above cvs command is supposed to do. I kind
of gather from the docs that it's supposed to create a folder on my local
system, but nothing happens.

> Did you wait, after you uploaded your ssh-key?
> Sometimes it takes up to half an hour, until it is accepted.
> That is done by a cron-job.
Yes I did. I tried many times over several hours.

Thanks for the reply.
D.