[task #16406] Submission of CC Mode

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: [task #16406] Submission of CC Mode
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2023 12:03:35 -0400 (EDT)

Hello, Ineiev,

>> ...If I understand correctly, none of these five files needs a
copyright/licence statement.

> Why do you think they needn't?

Er, because they've never had one before?  I've had a look at a recent Emacs
release, and all the corresponding files in Emacs have C/L statements, even if
they're sometimes (ChangeLog) at the bottom of the file, not the top.

So, it seems these files _do_ need C/L statements.  Copyrighting them to the
FSF isn't a problem (everybody who's worked on it has signed copyright
papers), but what date(s) do I put in?  Do I use 2023 (the date of adding the
copyright statement) or a range of dates going back to the original creation
of the files?  The latter may be problematic, since I don't know for sure when
some files were created, and might not be able to find this out from previous
maintainers.  (I took over the SourceForge project in ~2005.)

Sorry about the waste of time, here.

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?16406>

Message sent via Savannah
https://savannah.nongnu.org/