[Savannah-register-public] [task #14997] Submission of GNU Mes

From: Ineiev
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #14997] Submission of GNU Mes
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2018 06:06:27 -0400 (EDT)

Hello, Jan!

Some files still have no notices, like
ChangeLog
scaffold/boot/4e-string-split.scm
scaffold/boot/2f-define-second-lambda.scm
scaffold/gc.scm
scaffold/b-0.mes
doc/ANNOUNCE-0.6
doc/GNU-EVAL-APPLY
BOOSTRAP

In doc/fosdem/README you write, "All files except the files listed below."
This will make the things wrong when someone just adds a file; I'd recommend
writing down a full list. Besides that, licensing terms are not spelled out.
For PDFs, it's desirable to add the notices to their text so that the reader
of the file could see them.

doc/fosdem/fosdem.org has no license notice; it would be great if normal
renderers of .org files showed copyright and license notice for it.

>  I only removed the 46_grep.c that was clearly non-free.

Oh!

> There's a LICENSE and COPYING file in that directory. These were taken
verbatim from TinyCC --There's a LICENSE and COPYING file in that directory.

I think GNU guidelines don't distinguish whether you take other people's code
or write the files yourself: they should have valid copyright and license
notices. Since these are files in your tarball, they are your responsibility.

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.gnu.org/